Saturday, January 26, 2013

Surprising and unexpected happiness


So I've written about several ways that I try to inspire my own moods.  About how I try to nudge myself in the correct direction to get myself ready to work on a graphic, write and/or cap.

But all of that is used with the assumption that I am in a 'normal' mood.  A flat, not too happy, not too sad state of mind.  And to be honest I hadn't given that much thought until this afternoon.  Because I am in a very rare state... at least rare for me over the past few years.

I'm happy.

I'm not 'glad' that I had a kind of interview earlier this week.  I'm not glad that my birthday passed without much fanfare (which is how I prefer it).  I'm not even glad that I'm working this weekend (I didn't work 2 out of the last 4 weeks).  I'm just... happy.  I'm in a good mood.  The things that normally bring me down are still here and are still as serious and impending as they were yesterday.  I've done absolutely nothing to even work toward eliminating those things (I did buy a lottery ticket, but that didn't do it).  If I listed out the differences between yesterday and today I couldn't point to a single thing that would help predict that today would be a good mood day.

It just is.


So with that in mind, I am trying to do anything and everything to hold on to this rare gift.  One thing I've been doing is listening to two songs over and over and over.  These aren't generally songs that can get me into a good mood, but they are great at helping me maintain a good mood.

Boogie Shoes by KC & the Sunshine Band


Since You Been Gone by Rainbow

Both of these songs just give me a silly stupid grin.  It has nothing to do with the lyrics (hell... I learned some of the lyrics just by watching the videos!), but more with their upbeat nature.  The guitar, bass, drums and singer all just work together.   My head bops a little when listening to these song... my toes tap a little.

Now, I've capped when in a mood like this (and imagine that I could write when in a mood like this).  But I don't do it often. I think the main reason is that the happy go lucky good mood that I'm in isn't Caitlyn's mood.  It's Calvin's good mood.  So my mind doesn't wander into Caitlyn's space.  Normally when I'm in this type of mood I'm out doing other things.  Hanging with friends, driving, hanging out at the gun range... experiencing the world.  I've said before that Caitlyn doesn't really exist all that much out in the world, so I just don't associate feeling this way with Caitlyn.

Understand, I'm not saying that Caitlyn is blue or sad... I CAN be happy when I'm being Caitlyn.  It just generally doesn't get this giddy good and doesn't start here. It builds up as I create or role play or chat.  In short, it's a different feeling but still happy.

So what I'm going to try is to cap.  I'm in this unexpected happy mood and have nothing else to do... so why not experiment.  I have a couple images in reserve that I've tried to cap before.  I have good basic ideas for them, so let's see if I can translate this good mood into a good cap.

I'll post a link over to Caitlyn's Masks when I have it published (although realistically you got here FROM Caitlyn's Masks, so you already know about the cap).

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete