Monday, January 14, 2013

Some more thoughts and an initial outline

So I've been giving some more thought to how I would structure "Language Barrier" as a story.  The version of the story in the cap doesn't do much more than hit on the bullet points, which I guess is normal for most cap stories.   But for a long format story, I picture going into more detail on all of these bullet points.  All of those fun little diverting side stories now have room to grow.

For example, the story is about a guy getting transformed.  But who is he?  He can obviously afford a trip to Italy with his friends, but is he doing this as a college student?  As a business man?  Is he wealthy?  Cocky?  Shy?  None of that gets explored.  In a cap it doesn't need to be explored and in fact can't be explored.

But a story.... well I want to know this guy.  I want to know if I should be cheering on his unfair and unwilling transformation, or if I should be crying for his trials and tribulations.  I want to know who he was before the transformation and training, to see if he is in any way the same person after the transformation and training.  That smile that he let out at the drop of a hat with his friends... does he do that to his new master?  Does that love of fine wine and cheeses still exist when he's prancing around in panties and a bra?


And that's just thinking about the main character.  What about his transformation?  What about his training? That was all covered in a fairly long paragraph.  Now that will be the main thrust of the story.  It will involve entire chapters.

So I started thinking about the bullet points from the cap:

  • He goes to Italy with his friends
  • He separates from them to drive alone
  • He finds what he believes is a resort
  • He gets kidnapped
  • He gets transformed
  • He gets trained
  • He gets sold


Obviously there is more detail in the cap, but these hit the main points.  My first thought is that I can break it down to three main things. 
  • He goes to Italy
  • He gets transformed
  • He gets sold


Keeping this format, I can add in everything else as 'parts' of these poits.
  • He goes to Italy
    • He's with his friends, but separates them to explore on his own.
    • He finds a new out of place resort, and goes to explore that
    • He gets kidnapped
  • \At the resort he gets
    • Transformed
    • Trained
  • He gets sold


At first glace, that could be a three part story.  The first chapter where we all get to know our main character.  The second chapter where he gets transformed and trained.  The last chapter where he gets sold off to a new master. But if I wrote the story that way in equal chapters, it would be far to heavy on the beginning   It would also put to much emphasis on the ending... on his getting sold.  Even when writing the cap I felt that the 'getting sold' part was more of an epilogue  and right now I plan to treat it the same. So that leaves me with the beginning and the transformation parts.     

So I've been thinking of how I would go over the transformation.   The obvious gist of this is the fact that he doesn't understand the language being spoken around him.  But that gag might get old pretty quick as he figures out they are making him into a woman (or a sissy... still haven't made up my mind on that).  

So I started thinking about how to make the transformation more interesting.  Something that will leave the character (along with the readers) guessing.  And what I came up with is I could make it a series of transformation and training sessions.  

Consider... why do I have to have this company taking men and making them into feminine sex slaves?  Wouldn't they diversify?  I mean there is a whole lot of variety and desires when it comes to sex slaves.  They could produce big hulking men to satisfy the women that want a big obedient piece of man flesh.  They could emasculate men and make them into sexless eunuch style servants. They could make men over into sissyies... some to specifically service women, some to service men, and of course some to service both.  And lastly they could make men AND women into ultra sexy feminine objects of sexual desire.  

That way, it's kind of a progression.  They can start by trying to make him into a sex stud (actually enhancing his musculature, deepening his voice, giving him a persistent five o'clock shadow...), but when that fails they take him onto the next step.  

And that actually brings in the other characters too.  For instance his 'handler' that I've talked about before can come in after he's failed out of 'stud school'.  He (or she... I'm not sure if I want the handler to be male or female) will tell our character that he's failed and will now be moving on to what they deem to be a more appropriate training regimen.  He can also meet one of the other 'studs' being trained, and then later meet up with them when he's learning how to please a man (I'm picturing a fairly long blow job as the 'stud' is being trained in endurance).  In another training set he can meet up with a woman.  They become close with each other, but while he is trying very hard to be a lady's servant she betrays him so that they can move on to being a man's servant.  

So with these thoughts in mind, here is what I'm thinking of as a chapter format:

  • Introduction
    • Learn about the character while he travels to Italy with his friends
    • MAYBE foretell some of the story... a friend has heard of a place that sells sex slaves
    • End the chapter with him finding the 'resort'
  • First transformation
    • He gets kidnapped
    • They start transforming him into a bigger man
    • He meets a fellow kidnapped man and gets to know him
    • As he's been kidnapped he fights against them any chance he gets
    • He fails some key test and is sent back to be re-evaluated
    • He meets his 'handler'
  • Second transformation
    • His handler tells him that they will be making him into a sex slave... but only briefly hints at the various kinds they can change him into.
    • He goes through another transformation, this time into a small weak man
    • He tries to go along with the transformation and training figuring that he can escape better once sold
    • Through nerves, or maybe through a complete language problem, he fails a key test and is sent back
  • Third transformation
    • He meets his handler again and they talk
    • He meets a girl that will be transformed along with him
    • They both fail and are sent back
  • Fourth transformation
    • Another meeting with the handler
    • Another failed transformation
  • Fifth transformation
    • Another meeting with the handler
    • Another transformation where he meets the girl again and is humiliated to find that they will be made over to look similar (big breasts, wide hips, plump lips...)
    • She doesn't enjoy the training as a lady's servant so she betrays him, making sure they will move on to the next transformation together
  • Sixth transformation
    • Another meeting with the handler
      • Somehow the betrayal of the handler will come in to play here
    • I'm not sure if this will be another transformation, or just training...
    • He along with the girl are given training on how to please men
      • |He'd meet up with his 'stud' friend again here for a final dose of humiliation
    • Though reluctant and humiliated, he passes 
      • Maybe it works out that their "Men's Sissy slave" is supposed to be embarrassed and humiliated.  That could work as it would separate him from the girl as she is too enthusiastic
  • Ending
    • Once he realizes that there is no more training and that he will be sold as a "Man's Sissy Slave", he struggles against the continued training and practice sessions
    • He is sold off.

Now obviously I still have a LOT to fill in.  For example I put in a meeting with the handler for each chapter, but I have to figure out the story arc for the handler.  Does this handler really want to help him escape?  Does he want to fool him just to get him to comply?  I'm not sure.... so those parts of the chapters either need to be filled out, or taken away.  But anything that I NEED the character to know about his transformation will come from the handler, as he will be the only official that speaks to our character.  

Also, I'm not sure what each 'transformation' stage will be.  Is the last one a complete transformation into a woman?  What's the second step (maybe a non sexual man's position?  Maybe the next one becomes a similar non sexual position but one where he is presented as feminine?)  I've got to work all of that out.  But I DO think that the male slave, the female slave and the handler will all be part of the story.  And I do think that this format... beginning, multiple transformations, ending... will work. 

And lastly, I want the ending to have a little more punch.  Maybe one of his original friends shows up to buy him (not knowing who he is really buying).  Maybe not a friend but just someone he knows (that would of course be mentioned in the beginning.

Hmm... something that just popped in my head.   That friend comes to buy a slave... our character has to swallow what's left of his pride and present himself as the perfect sissy slave with the thought that once he is 'bought' the friend would let him go.  But as a final humiliation the friend chooses someone else and he is sold off to someone that speaks an entirely new language.  

This really is the point that I'm taking the story beyond what was told in the original cap.  So for me this is very exciting. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, up until the end of the post, I was saying, "there has to be some sort of ending involving the friends. I mean, they must be trying to find him if he disappeared, right?"

    I would think something along the lines of him losing English and picking up Italian .. then at a train station or something, he sees his friends and tries to make contact, but they don't speak Italian and the communication breaks down .. perhaps they think he's a prostitute trying to proposition them?

    I mean, if you made it a semester or year overseas for college credit, that gives you a whole 9 months or so to make all the changes needed to make it work out however you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think somehow I have to involve the friends in the ending. It will just feel right to 'cap' the ending that way. And the more I think about it, the more I believe that this is a group of kids in college. Maybe putting them around 20 or 21 years old. I'm not sure I like the idea of it being a semester or some other college period though... maybe a summer break. That will give me three months to work with. And I think it would be reasonable for the 'friends' to just assume he wandered off on his own for that time, where if they were in school, he'd be missing classes. And that would be setting off more alarm bells.

      As for him picking up Italian... I think I'll be having him pick up several phrases. Yes, no, up, down, open, close, sit, lie, kneel... stuff like that. But the whole premise of the original cap is that there is a Language Barrier, and I think I want to honor that intent. I DO like the idea of the language barrier screwing him over at the end with his friends, but I think the reader would have to suspend a lot of belief to accept that he forgot english. Sure, there will be a a lot of belief suspension with the transformations, but I don't want to add on to those.

      But thanks for the input. The fact that you were wondering about his friends means that I can use that in the story and readers will be satisfied by seeing them at the end.

      Delete