Saturday, February 3, 2024

Counting Is Fun

I saw this over at Karrie's Korner, where Karrie is reposting Sara's old blog posts (she's up to around 2010 now).  So, you could either say I'm copying Karrie's work from yesterday or I'm copying Sara's work from 14 years ago.  Regardless, lets see if I can get through this without depressing myself.    


Nine "Lasts"

  • Cry: Last night (trying to watch a movie, pain and the emotion in the movie got to me)
  • Beverage: Coffee with cream and sugar
  • Kiss: New Years Day so... a month ago?  And yes, it was family not intimate.  
  • Hug: Maybe the same?  Maybe longer?  I'm not much of a hugger in normal times.  
  • Movie Seen: Firestarter (both the 1984 and 2022 versions) last night.  
  • CD Played: Oh my god... years and years and years ago.  
  • Song Played: Eric Clapton's Forever Man is currently playing on my randomized list.  
  • Phone Call: A reminder call about a neurology appointment for next week
  • Purchase: Coffee Mug (I broke my brother's beloved mug and found a replacement on E-bay). 



Eight "Have You Evers"

  • Dated A Best Friend: Nope.  J might count, but we've only really seen each other as friends.  I don't think of them as dates, but she might?  
  • Skinny Dipped: Nope.  
  • Kissed Somebody And Regretted It: Yes, in high school.  
  • Fallen In Love: Yes?  Unrequited, and a long time ago.  
  • Lost Someone You Loved: Yes.  I'd like to meet the person that can answer no to this.  You lucky bastard.  
  • Been Depressed: Yes.  Clinically and socially. 
  • Been Drunk And Thrown Up: Goddess, Yes.  
  • Ran Away: I quit a job once in a huff.  Just up and told them "I quit" and walked out.  That's the closest I can think of 'running away'.  



Seven "States You’ve Been To"

  • Maine
  • Vermont
  • New Hampshire
  • Alaska
  • Hawaii
  • Oh wait... states I've BEEN to?  Yeah, the above states are the only ones I have NOT BEEN to.  :)



Six "Things You’ve Done Today"

  • Made and drank coffee
  • Smoked (cigarettes)
  • Read the New York Times morning newsletter
  • Played Connections (fun NYT game brain teaser)
  • Caught up, some, on Discord
  • Started catching up on blogs where I saw this post from Karrie and decided to copy it and began writing it out here.  



Five "Favorite Things In No Order"

  • Music
  • Reading
  • Being a nurse
  • Friends / Being a friend
  • Family



Four "People You Last Talked To In Person"

  • Mom
  • Brother R
  • Brother B
  • umm.... uh... wow... my nephew Z last week?



Three "Wishes"

  • I wish my migraines could get under control
  • I wish I could return to work and therefore 'normal' life
  • I wish people could see things from other people's perspective



Two "Things you want to be when you grow up" 

  • I'll write about this below.  It's not easy.  



One "Thing you regret"

  • Not going out on a limb more for love.  I don't think I would have found it, but at least I could have truly 'loved and lost' as that's better than 'never loved'.  



Okay, the 'things you want to be when you grow up'.  It wasn't until that point that I realized this was made for someone younger.  I just celebrated my 50th birthday last week.  I'm certainly not 'old' or a 'senior' or anything like that.  But I AM certainly about as 'grown up' as I'm going to get.  I could say I want to be 'rich' but I was already financially independent and that's about the same thing.  I could say I want to be 'happy' but I don't think that's what they were going for. 

Sarah, for this question, wrote "Old and Happy".  I thought about copying that, but honestly I'm not sure I want to get to be 'old'.  Maybe it's the migraines speaking, but I'm worn out.  I don't have the close relationships that many others do, I don't have many dreams to strive for.  Between my migraines, my diabetes, and my simple age catching up, life isn't a smooth road any more and I don't think I want it to go on for much longer.  

So, I guess if I HAVE to put something for "Things I want to be when I grow up" I'd say "Not Around Any Longer" 




And yeah.... this was still fun, but it did depress me a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment