Sunday, November 19, 2023

Writing Gamer Gurl


Another new story?  WTF?

Okay, okay, okay, here me out.  I hit a bump with "You're Not The Boss Of Me".  Not a bump per say, but rather a realizing that it might be bigger than I thought.  I guessed I might get it done this year, but that might more realistically be pushed out to February or March.  I dunno.  

Around this same time, I was getting into the stories over at CHYOA.  Specifically, I picked out a story that I liked but was missing a couple scenes.  Hmm... you know, to explain this, I'm gonna have to explain CHYOA a little more as it's not exactly a straight forward writing site.  

Remember those Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid?  If you don't, you've missed out on a big part of childhood.  Basically, you'd start out on page one.  It'd start a story, then when you got to the end of that part, it would say "If you choose to go into the cave, go to page 26.  If you choose to go into the jungle, go to page 59."  And you'd go to those pages and continue along.  This was an entire genre of books and there were SO many of them out there.  With computers and smart phones and such, I doubt the genre can survive in books, but the idea is still there.  You 'choose your own adventure'.  

I believe, but am not sure, that CHYOA was made with this idea in mind but specifically for erotica.  Yeah... adult themed choose your own adventure stories.  So the way it works is you write out a chapter of your story and end it with a question as to where it goes next.  Then you write the next chapter as the answer and finish it with another question.  But you can go back to that first chapter and write the other question.  Think of it in adult terms:  If you choose to suck his cock, click here.  If you choose to bend over and entice him with your new pussy, click here.  There questions and chapters aren't presented that way, but at the bottom of each part is a question and below that are chapters you can select.  

The reason I have to guess at this is that there aren't many stories actually like this.  Most of them are a standard chapter follows chapter follows chapter format.  You read one, and there is only one link at the bottom.  Enough of the stories are like that, that when I first found the site (looking for Nicegent's stories), I thought that the site was just a new way to publish stories, one chapter at a time.  

As I explored though, I saw some where a couple authors skipped back and forth.  One author would write a scene, then the next author would write another scene.  I really liked that idea as it was very collaborative.  

And then I found another format where an author put out multiple story ideas and the beginnings to each.  Some of the stories got picked up while others have just sat there for days/weeks/months/years.  But they were an invite for that collaboration or at least offered up as a spark to other authors.  

It was in one of these 'offerings' stories that I found my inspiration.  I've mentioned before that I really enjoy stories where there is a mechanical/automatic device transforming the subject.  My first good introduction to this style, if not my very first introduction, was "House Training" by RH Music.  Arms coming out of the walls, being locked in by the transformative program, being made to submit to not a person but a thing.  It's very squirm inducing.  And now a days it only has more room to grow with AI gaining in popularity.  Anyway, one of these stories was started by VanilaThunder (her cap blog and her CHYOA site).  The entire story is under the umbrella of "The Chronicles of Miss-chief" with a sub story called "Automatic House".  

Now, VanilaThunder only wrote the first few chapters of Automatic House.  Two other authors, Sassypants and SimonLF picked up the baton and ran with it.  I won't ruin all the details but I don't think it will come as a surprise that VanillaThunder wrote and I enjoyed a story involving an automatic house forcibly feminizing a man.  The house gets the man into a relationship with a boyfriend and the boyfriend takes out our heroine to a hotel to have a date (sex).  Sassy and Simon write the story up to that point when another author (Redrover5890) steps in for the next chapter.  She writes an excellent setup... then has the heroine blackout during the big scene.  They actually write in that the heroine wakes up with no memory of the night before, but has a sore throat, tastes cum, and has cum splashes on various parts of her body.  

Sassy and Simon pick it up there and take it a few more chapters, but then stopped about three years ago.  The last scene, written by Sassypants was an incredibly hot scene of the house setting up the heroine into a bondage scene and presenting her for her boyfriend's use.  She's literally been fed aphrodesiac pills, spritzed with perfume including pheremones that will entice men (of course still being a man, she's doubly affected and turned on) while bound kneeling face down and ass up wearing a chastity belt and with a ball gag in her mouth.  The keys to her chastity cage are literally chained onto a bow that's wrapped around her waist, with her boyfriend walking in.  

That was three years ago that they wrote all of that.  

While reading the story, I did see the problem with this whole process.  First, while Sassy and Simon wrote in a similar voice, they were different authors and focused on different things.  They both introduced things that were hopefully going to be returned to, but the story just never got back to it.  They wrote an entire scene that didn't seem to fit in with anything else involving having to wear a ball gown and dance with a guy, and the entire story is written in the third person.  

Now, about the persepective.  Most Choose Your Own Adventure stories were written in the third person.  The stories are describing what happens to YOU.  But when I write stories, I want to feel what's happening to ME. I use I, Me, Mine, not You, You, and Your.  So as a personal thought, I decided to re-write the story.  As this was for my own entertainment and wouldn't ever be published, I started from the begining and changed a lot of little things.  I edited out parts that didn't feel relevant.  I changed the whole ball gown scene.  I added in the sex scene without the heroine blacking out and I wrote in the next scene after the boyfriend gets to the heroine laid out all bound and wrapped up.  And most importantly, to me anyway, I changed the perspective from third to first.  That is a LOT of changing you to I or me and your to mine or my.  

When I was done I was so happy with it that I shared it with Vanilla, Sassy, and Simon.  I heard back from Vanilla and Sassy, both saying that they liked it with Sassy even suggesting I go ahead and adding the last scene to the story.  

After some thought, I went in and added it as two chapters.  I had to re-write it of course.  Not just to put it back into the third perspective, but also to change facts that referred back to the original 'blacked out' sex scene.  

I'd followed some other stories and they're long enough that it takes awhile to read through them.  Another fave is a different branch in VanillaThunder's The Chronicles of Miss-chief story where two brothers spend a summer with their uncle and the house's AI is reprogramed to feminize the big studly brother into a woman.  And even that branch has two separate branches, one where he's made over into a more or less normal girl of his age and one where he's a buxom big-assed short bimbo version.  I'm about two thirds the way through a story where a dominant man gets changed into a woman for a halloween party (so far the transformation is voluntary but riddled with 'mistakes' that are going to take it too far, and I saw that Nicegent himself added a new halloween based story that I'm going to read.  

Anyway, I was having fun at CHYOA and decided to join in.  I'd follow thorough what I initially thought as the purpose... writing a story one chapter at a time and allowing for other authors to pick up the baton and join in.  

Never having done this before, I wanted to have a premise that i hadn't written before and, specifically because I'd just read through several versions of automatic houses, wasn't about an automatic house.  I didn't want to just write something without an idea of where it would go, but I did want to leave it loose enough that if another author took it in a different direction... well, I'd be happy to wander along with them!  

My idea was of these streamers.  While I game on my computer (and have a MONSTER gaming computer), I don't watch streamers.  My nephews do and have tried to get me into it, but even when I try it out, after watching someone play a game for ten minutes I'm either bored of the game or ready to play it myself.  These streamers are both guys and girls of course and some of the girls lean heavily into the whole e-girl theme.  Colored hair, fairly sexy clothing, sexualized energy that doesn't cross the R barrier, but you could easily imagine it doing so (at least i could easily imagine it!).  

So here's my premise.  A guy at college is a budding streamer.  He has dreams of making it big and has bet on his dream buy buying a bunch of expensive equipment to make his streaming appealing.  Big computer, camera, lights, background... stuff like that.  He knows of a female streamer in that area, but he's never met her personally.  She, being one of these e-girl type streamers has a huge audience even though they started streaming about the same time.  Well, he eventually meets her in person where she's just a regular, run of the mill girl... with platinum blonde, pink tipped, hair.  They chat for a bit and hit it off and she drives him back to his off campus housing... where they see it burning to the ground.  Financially, he's screwed.  He'll need to either drop out of school or borrow money from his Dad who is barely supporting his younger brother.  And that's the first chapter.  

My idea, without even writing out in an outline, was that the e-girl would bet that she could teach him how to make him all the money he needed, but he'd need to do anything she said.  If she won, she would get his valuable tickets to a made up con in Japan (he won the airfare, hotel, tickets, and back stage passes).  If she lost, she'd cover the rest of her expenses out of pocket.  Obviously, she'd be feminizing him as an e-girl would make more money than a guy.  I had further plans of her sexualizing him by some kind of realistic breast augmentation (I've read up on fat grafts and that seemed like it was doable), major hair removal, lip enhancement, and some kind of semi permanent gaffe to hold his junk back.  I also had a vague idea of her being a cam girl on the side.  An adult cam girl.  And eventually she'd get the guy to either join her cam feed or start up one of his/her own.  And an even less clear idea was finding a male streamer that lived nearby who he'd streamed with, but now meets up in his female persona, and they start a relationship (either forced or not, it wasn't clear in my head).  

Anyway, the first chapter was about 2,500 words and ended with the fire.  I added that on November 13th.  It stuck with me though over night and the next morning, I wanted to add another chapter.  So I wrote another 2500 words or so and put up chapter 2.  And then added another two chapters that same day.  Then another chapter on the 15th.  Then two more chapters on the 16th.  Then three more chapters on the 17th.  I skipped yesterday as it was football day, but I wrote a chapter first thing this morning and likely would have written more if this migraine would let me do so.  

All in all, over a week I've written a nearly 28,000 word story that isn't even the first third of what I have pictured.  For comparison, You're Not The Boss Of Me has just over 25,000 words and was written over eight days between September 28th and November 6th.  There's just something more addiction to adding this chapter by chapter.  

Technically, I could go back and make changes.  It's easy enough to go back and edit the story and you can do it without even notifying any followers that a change was made.  But just having what is already written locked in is... pleasantly constricting.  For instance, I just introduced the male streamer that might turn into a love interest for the heroine.  But realistically, that introduction should have at least been hinted at in the first chapter.  I can't go back and change it now.  I've also change the characters name and given her a gamer tag.  Both of which are now locked, even if I find something better later on.  

But it's a constriction that bites both ways.  In a recent chapter I wrote that the e-girl that's feminizing our heroine has a dominant side and that this is feeding into it.  Well, that's a pretty major character feature.  So far she's been a little stand-offish, nice, chatty, sympathetic, willing to help, and maybe just a bit joking/bossy when she starts the shopping and 'tricks' him into the hair salon.  But I never even hinted at her being a domme.  If I were writing this as a standard story, I'd go back and add some of those hints or maybe just take that part out and keep her a more loving sympathetic character.  But either way, I'm stuck with what I wrote and will have to move on with what I have.  

As I said, it's addicting.  And it's another venue for me to write at.  Satisfyingly enough, there's also an audience there.  Over the week it's been viewed over 7,000 times.  It's been 'favorited' over 80 times, liked over 100 times, and 20 people have bookmarked it.  Every time someone favorites the story, book marks it, likes any of the chapters, or adds a comment, I get a notification.  Those notifications go right in with favorite authors publishing to their stories or someone adding chapters to the stories.  At first I wanted to see all of the notifications, but they've gotten to be so many that I may have to turn off notifications for the favorites, likes, and bookmarks.  There's just too many!  

Anyway, I hope you get a chance to go over and read Gamer Gurl.  It's a new path for me and a new way of writing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment