Monday, February 25, 2013

Whining

To Whine:  To complain in a feeble or petulant way.

Yup.. sounds about right.

Ok.... this has devolved from me not being inspired, to me actually avoiding this.  It's true, I have everything I need to start writing.  Character's to work from, and outline to guide me when I wander off on some random path or wonder where to go from where I am... I've even decided to start writing from the second chapter.  But event this isn't enough.

I figure once I really buckle down and start writing, that I won't be able to stop.  That I'll get the narrative going in my head and I'll actually start writing faster and faster as I feel the story flow... but those first few words are... well... hard.


All of this has been true for the past two weeks.   But I still haven't taken the plunge.  I'm not writing this post to buck up my confidence.  I'm not writing this post to give me the courage to start.  I'm not even writing this to give you all a good explanation as to why I haven't started... I'm writing this post because I want to air out my frustration.  Nothing more.

Sadly this isn't just me avoiding writing this... those damn duldrums are back.  I'm just.. not in the mood to create.  Yes, I've made four captions in the past two weeks, but all three were to help get me in the mood.  And while they aren't bad captions, and I feel I can be proud of them, they didn't come from a comfortable place.  They were the equivalent of me jump starting a car... except the car stalled out each time.

I'm not even getting inspired by reading caps or other blogs.  It's just... blah.  I AM getting back into DX, but it's a slow process and I've barely taken the first steps in that.

So... I WILL write this story out.  Or at the very least I'll try.  But it's not going to be today.  Probably not tomorrow either.

1 comment:

  1. I understand. The creative fire needs a spark. And no matter what one wants if the spark is not there then it is a wasted effort. But if the spark strikes then there is no way to keep up with the imagery that burns forth and much is ash. Damned if you do damned if you dont but at least something creative can come from it when the creativity is ablaze.

    ReplyDelete