Sunday, April 25, 2021

Update April 25, 2021


You've read about my bad week at work from my last post.  To be honest, that covers most of my updates, but lets see if there's anything else to talk about. 


Health
I go to see the doctor tomorrow.  My general practitioner.  How sad is it that I have enough doctors that it requires specificity!? I think it will be a fast enough appointment.  I'll discuss my back/chest pain as well as the FMLA issue.  I'm sure he'll order up some labs, so I'll have to fast in the morning.  Thank the goddess it's an eight AM appointment.  


Finances
I came upon one of those facebook memroies that really rocks you back.  It's been a year since I got my iPhone 11 Pro Max.  And honestly, this might be the first year in a long while that I haven't wanted a new phone.  I have no desire to pick up the iPhone 12, and there isn't an Android phone that gets my motor running.  I'll still need a good camera, good battery, and good screen.  Oh, and I still don't want a Samsung.  So, I don't have a lot to hope for.  Maybe the iPhone 13, or 12s, or whatever comes next will have something I want.  Or maybe the Pixel 6 will prioritize battery life.  Oh, I did hear a rumor that Google is making a folding phone.  The 'Pixel Fold'?  That might catch my interest!  

I haven't made nay big purchases, and don't see any on the horizon.  The only thing that would be a slam dunk purchase would be a new video card, but since they're impossible to get, I'm not holding my breath.  I'm fairly sure I'll pay off the Amazon card next week.  


Family/Friends
Mom is sick.  That seems to be happening more and more and there just isn't much for me to do.  Each cold seems to take her right to the edge of what she can stand, evidenced by just how tired she is while she's sick.  She's seriously burning up her energy just breathing.  

My younger brother B had a milestone.  Over a year ago he made the comitmittet to lose 100 pounds and he got it last week.  It's taken him a LOT of work including completely changing his eating habits.  I could use that as an example of how I could do the same and it wouldn't be nearly as hard since if I just focus on the number for weight, I only want to lose about 50 pounds... but losing that weight with all the work he did just doesn't seem like a fair bargain to me.  I'd lose to much and gain a number.  Understand, I'm VERY proud of him getting it done.. I just don't think it's for me.  


Work
See the previous post.  Fuckers. 


I guess this goes under work?  I renewed my license today.  I'm always last minute with getting the continuing education (CE) credits and I figured I'd have to do this over the next few weeks.  Not a big deal as I have until the end of June, but still.  Well, this morning I logged into the D+X discord and started chatting while going through CE after CE and before I knew it I was only 4 CEs (two courses) short.  So I went ahead and finished them just to get done.  Now I won't have to take another CE class until 2023! 


Entertainment
I kind of paused Mad Men a few episodes into season 2.  I'll probably dig back into it today though.  Mostly this past week my entertainment has been writing 'Just Dance' and watching a few movies.  I bought Dawn of the Dead from 2004.  I loved the movie when it came out, but now it seems much more relevant as I found out it was not only directed by the one and only Zack Snyder, it was his directorial debut!  Awesome work and well worth the watch if you like Zombie movies at all.  

I rented 'Nobody' last weekend and what a fun movie that is.  It made me think though, since I had to rent it for $20, I really like this post COVID-19 entertainment set up.  I doubt it will last, but right now I can watch many to most of the major hollywood releases in the comfort of my own home.  Sure there's the HBO Max deal where I watched Mortal Kombat and Kong Vs Godzilla, but I mean like this.  Paying $20 to rent it.  

I would only go to an actual theater maybe once or twice a year.  It had to be a big tentpole movie to get me into one and it had to be worth it in the form of special effects, sounds, or music that will take advantage of the huge screen and sound system.  Otherwise, it looks good at home and I get all the advantages of being at home.  Smoking, pausing it for bathroom breaks, snacks of all varieties and types that I want, my phone/tablet/computer at the ready.  

I already know I'm going to get Black Widow through Disney +, I'll get Dune, Suicide Squad, and Matrix 4 through HBO Max.  And just like 'Nobody' which I didn't expect to come directly to digital services, I might get a lot more.  Even as theaters crumble and die, this is a good time! 


Music wise, I didn't get anything truly new, but after watching the car chase scene in Nobody with Pat Benatar's Heartbreaker, I just had to get some Pat Benatar songs.  Heartbreaker, We Belong, Hit Me With your Best Shot, and Love is a Battlefield.  Humorously enough, these were remastered in either 2002 or 2005.  How long will it take until they will remaster them again? 


Writing out Just Dance has been big this past week.  I feel like I could write and write and write and write.  Each scene seems to start, have a good juicy middle, and a fun ending.  While I don't plan on slowing down, I can say that this will need some MAJOR editing down.  It's long NOW and I think at best I'm half way through it.  






Nothing to really update on my old posts.  I know its reaching back a couple months, but the keyboard is still doing just great.  Sounds great, types great, and is comfortable even after a long session.  The mouse is fine... nothing special.  But that's what I want out of a mouse.  

So, I guess that's it for now.  I want to get back to Just Dance.  I think I have the first BJ scene coming up soon! YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment