Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I kind of miss my brother


Friday I woke up at 8 AM.  I did my morning coffee/internet thing for a while before taking a shower and then watching some television.  I eventually drove off to work, did my work thing, then drove home.  I arrived at 11:05 PM and watched some more television until around 1 AM and then went to bed.

That was roughly my same schedule on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  Today is different only because it's my regular day off.

My brother R's day starts around 6 AM.  He does his coffee/internet/tv thing for about an hour before driving away to work at 7 AM.  He works until 4 PM, then comes home.  He has dinner, plays on the computer, and then goes to bed around 10:30 PM.

Yeah... we don't see each other.  Not on days that both of us are working.  And you know what.. that really kidna sucks.  It's not like we hang out from dawn to dusk when we have the available time together.  In fact, we rarely do anything together.  Our friends and hobbies don't really over lap except for playing games on the computer... and we don't do that together.  At least not for a decade or two.  But I still miss him.  I miss the opportunity to just comment on the day's news.  "Hey, did you know that JEB Bush's name is actually John Ellis Bush?  J E B =  Jeb?"  or "Hey, Fallout 4 is coming out in November!"  or "Did you see that new Doom trailer?"


R had Saturday and Sunday off, so we did pass those monrings.  Sunday morning he told me about going out to shoot at his friend's place and how the WWII M1 Carbine they had was broke.  We'll see each other tonight.  But that's not enough.  Not for brothers.  Not for adult brothers that live together.
Neither of us are naturally chatty people.  So to even start a conversation we need a lot of time.  And now that we both have jobs on oposing schedules, we just don't have that same time.

This only really bothers me about R.  Probably because we spend 8 hours a day under the same roof at the same time... just with one or both of us unconscious.  I haven't talked to my brother B in about a week... and it was about a month before that that we last spoke.  I haven't talked to my friends A or E in a couple months.  I  haven't spoke with my other friend A in a few weeks.  But they all live elsewhere and have their own lives... they aren't my brother living a few dozen feet away from me.

I don't know... I don't have anything deep to really say here.  It just sucks.

I guess it's another reason to hope that job here in town opens up soon.  I would be on a very similar schedule as R then.

No comments:

Post a Comment